Sunday, August 11, 2013

Week #1

Hey family!
So Wednesdays are my P days... just fyi.
So first thing is first I have officially had my first transfer!!! Last thursday Elders Dudley Herring and I were preparing to teach our lesson in spanish when someone approached me and told me that at 230 later that day I would be getting transferred with Elder Laing... no relation. So I packed up and after some time found my new class, district and comp. He is from Tennessee and he is headed to Portland with me! He is almost 20 and we get along really well. HIs sense of humor kind of reminds me of Randy´s. And my new district is awesome too, we are all like brothers. In total there are 6 of us and we basically do everything together and spend all day laughing at each other... it´s pretty great.
There are 12 people total en mi casa. In my room is me, Elder Laing, Elder Mecham, and Elder Farley who is the District leader, then the other two guys from our district share a room with some guys from the other district and the third room is all the other district. Speaking of mi casa, I am pretty sure I am in the wrong spanish class... I am in a beginners level class and I can far outspeak anyone in my district. I don´t really mind... I just want to start learning some new stuff!!! I can pray and bear my testimony now, which I did bear my testimony in church on Sunday (fast sunday... kinda sucked...), and I have taught three lessions in Spanish AND sometime before I leave am gonna get to give a talk en espanol in church... what fun.
My daily schedule is more or less as follows... wake up at 630 (I´m doing better than I thought I would) get ready, and then go eat breakfast at 7. After 7 we have an hour of personal study time before we go to class, where we spend about an hour and a half learning spanish and an hour and a half learing gospel teaching principles in English, then half an hour more of study time, then lunch, then more study time, then Gym time (FAVORITE time of the day) for an hour, then learning spanish on the computer for an hour, then a daily Planning session for half an hour, then dinner, then various activities such as devotionals or teaching an investigator or whatnot... yeah.
I´m not going to lie, last Wednesday was the longest day of my life and last week was the longest week of my life, I feel like I´ve been gone forever, which isn´t necessarily a bad thing. We just do so much erry day and it´s so different from how I was living a week and a half ago...
The food... well it definitely isn´t American... and I sometimes have to fill up on Salad and fruit... but... it´s edible. Last night we had COSTCO PIZZA, HOLLA!!!!!!
The shower is interesting... my first morning here the water was a little black for a little bit but it got better... and I´m always afraid I´ll never have any warm water because it takes FOREVER to warm up!!!! But so far, so good....
Lets see... what else... oh I freaking LOVE spanish himnos!!! Love them!!!!! It is so different from singing in sacrament at home because even though here we might not know what we are saying the whole time... we feel the power behind the words and we sing to the high mountain tops!!! Every night nuestro casa sings a himno... it´s great.
I am definitely not in Kuna anymore... Mexico city NEVER EVER EVER EVER sleeps. EVER. There are always sirens going and Cinderella has some obnoxious relatives down here, but a lot more of them, and there´s whistles and drag racing and a few nights ago I heard some gunshots... pretty legit. I am having some trouble sleeping though... so maybe if you guys could pray for that that would be awesome?!
The spirit is so strong here. So strong. I feel it in everything I do.
Talk about crazy weather... it goes from decently warm here to dumping rain within about 2 seconds. Last night right as we were getting ready to go to our devo, it started DUMPING, i mean the heavens opened and POURED out their love, and hailing, and in the 30 seconds it took me to get to the devo building (by sprinting through flooded streeds and sliding errywhere in the water, might I add) I got SOAKED!  But, it all worked out.
So the old mtc shared a lot with the temple... We don´t... kinda disappointing... bbbbuuutttt I get to go next week so hey...
Thanks for the update on stuff... I already knew about Kylee, but it was good to hear again.
Alright guys I think that´s about it, I love ya and I´m keepin ya in my prayers, keep me in yours!!
Elder Jorgensen
P.S. Padre when you type like Jonah and I do you sound like a wannabe gangsta... don´t know if that´s what you were going for bbbuuuttt...:)
P.P.S. Wes my comp says the funnest thing he has ever done is go to a Weird Al concert.
P.P.P.S As much of this as you guys wanna post on my FB or whatever you decided to do, go for it.
 
Hey I have one more story for you guys!!
So my favorite part of the food here is probably the good drink selection, there are really good grape and strawberry juices, and I usually drink about 2 glasses per meal of whatever one there is!! So Elder Banks, the one from Wyoming who killed the cockroach, and I have a friendly rivalry. So yesterday he and I were both filling up on grape juice and he grabbed one glasse and I grabbed two and I looked at him and said ´´I´m gonna drink one more than you today Elder.´´ So then he grabbed two and was like not today, Elder. Now he and I probably eat the most in our district, so keep in mind we were already pretty full.And thus it began. I would down some and get a couple more, and so would he. I ended up beating him 7 glasses to 6... that seventh glass was one of the most painful mistakes of my life. For 20 or 30 minutes I swore I was gonna lose it. I´m talking spray chunks everywhere!!!! My stomach hurt so bad!!! But I set the record and must defend my title!!! aight for reals now I´m going. love ya!



No comments:

Post a Comment