Monday, August 18, 2014

WAS DUSTING OFF THE COBWEBS IN THE INBOX AND FOUND THIS ONE FROM EVEN FURTHER (FARTHER, WAY BACK)...HERE IT IS.  (From 7 28)

Hey guys!!! Ok so it was a pretty good week... we FINALLY set a legitimate baptismal date, the last one we set was kinda sketchy, we didn't even bring it up with Isaac, it was his friend who is a member who did it. But this one, with LLLL mom VVVV, is LEGIT! I'm gonna copy and paste it from my letter to President Ballard
Last week when she came to Church, she signed up to feed us dinner on Wednesday. On Wednesday we went over to her apartment and ate some GOOD Mexican food, authentic enchiladas
, SO GOOD!! Anyways... after that we watched the movie Joseph Smith; Prophet of the Restoration with her, because she had some Joseph Smith doubts and didn't really understand why he is important. So we finished the movie, and asked her to kneel in prayer and ask if what she had seen and learned was true, and if she should continue learning from us. It was the first time I have ever heard her pray vocally, and for her I think it might have been the first attempt she has made in her life, but she said a beautiful prayer. When she finished, neither Elder Sorian nor I said anything. We both just wanted to sit there and let the Spirit work on her. Finally she looked at us and said, "I can't tell you what I'm feeling." We didn't respond for awhile... but eventually I just told her that yes, she could. It took some coaxing,  but after awhile she said that she just felt an overwhelming feeling of peace.
It was in that moment that I knew we needed to walk away from that lesson having invited her to be baptized. I shared some scriptures about how nothing that is good denies God or Christ.... and some more about how Christ invites everybody to come to Him and how He has promised us help and blessings when we follow his teachings. She was crying by that point. Finally after sharing a scripture, I invited her to be baptized. There was a long silence after that. There were a lot of long silences in that lesson. But finally VVVV broke the silence by asking what we wanted her to say. I paused again. After some pondering, I simply looked at her and said, "The Truth," which got her crying all over again. Finally she looked at us and said, "To me that isn't a question. I feel like it is something that I need to do." The date is set for August 23rd and I am very confident that it will go through. Her son, LLLL, went on Trek with the Milwaukie Stake earlier this summer and Tuesday leaves for a Priest Camp, Camp Helaman.
I am praying that that is a good experience for him. Both of them were at Church yesterday.
So... yeah... It was a really good lesson and I am excited!! Ummm.. Mom you asked if I need anything... I am wearing out through my shoes and when it starts raining again my feet are gonna be WET! And I am also running out of stamps... 
Dad you asked me how I feel now that I have been out a year... I feel WEIRD!!!! That year went way fast, this one better slow down a little bit. Elder Soriano is doing good, we had a good conversation on Tuesday night and he told me more about his past, and it changed the way I look at him. 
Ummmm... yeah. I think that's about it. I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment