Monday, April 27, 2015

Hey guys!
So the craziest thing that happened this week was that I interpreted a dream of a recent convert/less active. The story goes a little something like this. When she got baptized 8 months ago, she said she had a dream wherein she saw the missionaries walking around in her complex, and she knew that they were messengers from God. So she listened to everything they said and got baptized. Well, a little over a month ago, she had another dream, where she saw Elder Bair and Tuten, (Tuten was here before I was with bair,) in a room, but then she saw some other doors representing other churches, and chose the catholic church, and then she said the doors of our church closed on her. So there's not much we could do there.
This week, when we saw her, however, the dream had changed; This time she told us that in her dream she had seen a Book of Mormon and a Bible placed on a table, had felt like she could only choose one, and so she chose the Bible and later when she tried to come to our church, the doors were closed and everything was dark. All of the sudden my mouth opened and the next think I was doing, I was asking her why she had chosen the Bible, and explained to her that a testimony of our Church, or even just of Christ, can't be adequately sustained just with the BIble. Both the Book of Mormon and the Bible are needed.
Maybe even more miraculously, she understood what I was saying! Usually she is very hard to teach but she understood that perfectly! So that was just a cool little experience I guess.
What else is new? Not much really... except for FREAK guys I've only got 12 weeks left. That smacked me in the face this weekend, getting calls and finding out that Bair was leaving... It was hard to see him go and even harder for me to realize that I only have one more transfer call. As much as I have complained and as hard as some of my areas have been, I have loved my mission, and part of me doesn't want it to end. Coop also went home today... that was freaking weird, let me just say. I was not a fan of that.
We get to see Elder Holland this week! He is coming to speak to the Mission on Saturday! He's gonna freaking singe everybody's eyebrows off!
The area is going good. We set 2 baptismal dates last week. One of them is with a 15 year old kid named VVVVV He is super legit. We found him a few weeks ago, and it reminds me almost exactly of what happened when we taught Eric. We started teaching just Eric, and then slowly integrated his family. Tonight we are going to go play soccer with VVVV and his dad. I'm pumped. There is another cool young couple named LLLL and SSSS and they both recognize and feel the Spirit very well, they wanna know more! The other investigator with a baptismal date is QQQQ, she is 19 and our problem with her is that her mom doesn't want her talking to us... but we're working on it!
Wes way to go man on not letting that deacon be a punk!
.
anyways.. all of those plans sound good. Elder Bair's family wants to come to Oregon too... maybe, if you wanted, you could email them and tell them some of our plans and then maybe we could hang out at the coast or something together!
I love you guys! the pics are of bair and I, and the 2 spanish zones playing soccer last week... Talk to you guys later!

No comments:

Post a Comment