Sunday, March 16, 2014

Wow I blinked and this week was over... I don't know where the time went. I have already been in this area 2 weeks and it feels like I just left Nike (what all the other missionaries call my greenie area) yesterday... somebody... slow it down...
So it was a pretty good week... Elder Goff and I taught 23 lessons... we are teaching a girl on FB who lives in Mexico!! That is weird!! Also yesterday was a very powerful experience... Yesterday all of the missionaries of the OPM fasted so that we can find more people to teach, because compared with other Stateside missions, our mission finds about half of what others average. So the last couple weeks President Morby has been sending some very inspiring emails about how we just need to buckle in and work hard... and I've gotta say yesterday I felt the power of fasting for those news. We were working down in Sandy, our Sunday run (Sandy is part of our area by Mount Hood... but it is like 30 minutes away so we only go out once a week). And we didn't have anything set up, just a lot of potentials we could pass by, so we'd knock a door, and I was just feeling more bold than usual, and after chitchatting I'd bluntly ask them if we could come in and share a message. Usually with knocking we don't do that because being that bold with Hispanics tends to scare them off... But all 3 times I asked, we got in and taught a powerful lesson on the restoration. The second one was to a 16 year old named LLLL... he is the son of FFFF, the dude we found last week because we were in a trailer park and I saw a house and just felt like we should knock it. LLLL was very polite and receptive to us, he reminds me a lot of Eric. The only problem was that we don't usually carry around English BOMs with us... and he didn't understand Spanish very well... but I wanted to leave him with something to read, so I asked him if I left him with my English BOM, the one I've had since I was baptized, if he would read it and take good care of it until next week when we go back. He said yes. I was kind of hesitant to do it at first but I just felt like it was something I should do... So I hope it pays off.
Elder Goff and I get along really well.... I like it!! Wes I expect to hear some stories and maybe see some videos of you putting ish down for the Kavemen. Give the 4x4 a try once. I promise you'll like it.
Not much else has happened this week... no real funny stories...
The ward did have a "fiesta" this week... but I am very biased now about Ward Fiestas because my first week in the field was La Noche internacional...
and nothing can live up to that. I took some pictures and I'll send them to you guys next week when I have more time.
Mom... to answer your questions... yep I'm still pretty stressed. Mostly because I'm just terrible with street layouts and I don't know my way around too well... but also because there is a lot to do in this area. I'm doing lots of praying and fasting but... eh. My new abode is an apartment. There are laundry machines on the complex so I've been using those... I'll need to take some money off the card for quarters though. We have a car... there are only 2 areas in the Spanish aspect of the mission that don't have their own car, they do a car share, but those are up in the ward and I'll probably never go back there.
OH yeah something else cool this week. So we were at District meeting, and President Morby
was doing interviews in the same building, but he took like 5 minutes and pulled our entire district aside, and told us how much he cares about the Spanish aspect of the mission and how he is looking to us to set the trend and elevate mission standards... Sooo... no pressure or anything. It was inspiring though, the spirit was extremely strong.
Aight I can't think of anything else... I'll try to send you guys some pictures next week. Love yall
Elder Travis Jorgensen

No comments:

Post a Comment