Sunday, January 18, 2015

I freaking miss my long hair a lot too... I just feel like it's more me.
Mom you will be fantastic in your calling, good ole K-15 will have the best looking ward bulletin on this side of the Mississippi!
There's not really a whole bunch to report on this week. XXXX the lady we freaking helped move my first few weeks here, is progressing way well, her son went to Church yesterday, and hopefully we should be able to hit her with a fetcha (date) this week.
Oh, well I guess I did get to meet an Apostle this week. Is that a big deal? You'll never guess which one... yep, you got it, Elder Ballard!
He came and spoke to us on Friday and it was a memorable experience. He even took pics with each of our zones, so that should be coming to you guys sometime soon! I think the most memorable part was when he asked us if we have been to Gethsemane in our minds
... that was a thought provoker. So anyways I got to shake his hand and feel his spirit... It was a good meeting, really we just talked about missionary work the whole time, which is good, but our mission has been hitting that hard lately so it was kind of like beating a dead horse, only the Apostle was the one dishing the beating so it was more bearable.
I also had an interesting experience on Thursday... so one of the English Elders I am serving around I served around in Milwaukie for 4 and a half months... he gets a lot of migraines and depression so several times we've done mini exchanges with them so his comp can go out and work... that happened again this week, only he wasn't depressed nor did he have a migraine, he was struggling personally and needed someone to talk to, so he called me. It ended up being like a 2 hour long talk, and I don't remember much of what I said, but I know the Spirit was there guiding me to say it,
and by the end of the night he was feeling better. It was kind of like a sneak peek into what being a Bishop would be like, where people come and just lay their problems on you, and I decided it'll be ok with me if I'm never a Bishop.... anyways... I don't know, it was just a spiritual and personal experience that made me think, and I felt the Spirit super strongly for the rest of the night.
Alright, well I love yall, have a good week!
Elder Travis Jorgensen!

No comments:

Post a Comment