Monday, June 8, 2015

Hey guys!
so... transfers came and went... and Mayer and I are staying together!! In beaverton!! without a greenie:( We had to go to the transfer meeting because zls have to... which I don't like. Guys I love you, but in all honesty I don't really want to come home that bad.
Sitting in the transfer meeting yesterday it smacked both Mayer and I that things are coming to an end. It was not a fun thought. We really are just working like crazy and it's been great. We had everything planned for our greenie too! Mayer sleeps on a futon, and we were gonna label it the cradle, leave a pacifier, and make him greenie waffles for breakfast!! Buuttt... I guess God didn't want us to traumatize the poor kid:)
So this week was up and down. The down was that we got into a couple of really freaking big bashes... the first one was Saturday, a guy straight was walking after us for like 5 minutes then said "hey guys, i have a question for you, how do you know what you believe is true?" "I'm a seeker of the truth." and then he proceeded to rip into Joseph Smith, hard, and the Book of Abraham, and the premortal existence... legit like the worst bash I have ever been in, the guy just went after everything. At the end, we invited him to read the Book of Mormon. To which he got smart and responded, "I invite you to pray about your Prophet." And in unison, pretty firmly I would say, both mayer and I looked him in the eye and said "I have."
To which he said "Then there's nothing I can do to help you." The genteman's name was KKKK. So now Mayer and I use KKKK as an insult.
The second one was with the guy who pretty much had memorized the bible and had a pretty firm belief in the Trinity.... good thing Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ in a vision. That was another long one.
And, once again, no one came to church.
Yesterday was a cool miracle though. Before the transfer meeting, we figured we'd take advantage of being in our area on Monday and prayed to find someone who is ready to be baptized. Long story short, right before we left for the meeting... we met this dude, a BIG BOY,
Not him, but you get the idea..:)
covered in tats, and he invited us in, and said he has already read The Book of Mormon twice. He just looks at it as a historical document, but he said he loves Nephi. We just talked to him and he said he is struggling in his own faith right now, he used to be in a gang, after that he went to prison, before that he went through a super hard preacher's school or something, he told us he has to unlearn some things... right now I don't really think he has much interest in learning from us, but he says he feels peaceful around us... and I got a distinct feeling that I am going to learn a lot from him.
The last tidbit is that we were playing ultimate frisbee this morning... and I looked up to catch the frisbee, and a hand came down super hard and smacked my left eye.
My vision was super milky afterwards, and it's gotten better, but it's still really blurry in the left eye. I went to the doctor and my vision in my left eye is crap. Miracles happen though because when we got home, I looked at it in the mirror, and there was a line of blood in the iris... I asked Elder Mayer for a blessing and now the line is gone, i just cant really see... things are super blurry. the doc says that things should bet better within the next 48 hrs... I've been icing... but keep it in your prayers I guess.
see you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment