Monday, June 8, 2015

Hey Peeps!

So... it was a pretty good week. Who wants to hear about my birthday? It was one for the books. It was pretty uneventful until about 3 pm... we taught an 18 year old kid that we haven't seen in like a month... it's only XXXX's 2nd time seeing the kid... we showed him a mormon message called reclaimed,
and asked him what it made him think about. he talked about kinda how god gives us commandments... and THEN... Elder Mayer.... made the greenie mistake... he started talking about the law of Chastity.... I mean he took it, and ran the lesson off of a cliff!
It was so bad... the kid is 18 years old and has a girlfriend.... holy cow. it was bad. When we got back into the car, Elder Mayer reclined his seat, curled up into a ball, and screamed "WHAT DID I JUST DO!!!!".... But legit..... just imagine.... slaughter....
So not much else really happened... I had been praying and asked God to help us set a baptismal date with someone... by 845... we still hadn't had a very productive day.... we had an appt set up with some people we had knocked into the day earlier, we had taught the daughter and wanted to return to teach the family. It ended up being only the mom... she is from El Salvador, her name is GGGG, and she is probably the most prepared lady for baptism that I have ever met my whole life. One of the very first things that she said to us was, "I know that you guys were sent here as instruments in the Lord's hands because He knows I need some help." We taught a short version of the Restoration, and as I was thinking about when to extend as a baptismal date, I felt like we should extend the 20th of June. When I extended the date, she got a really thoughtful look on her face, and said the 20th is her birthday, and said that if she knew that our message was true by that day, she would be baptized. That was a pretty cool experience.
Except for that SHE DIDN'T COME TO FREAKING CHURCH ON SUNDAY!!!! NO ONE IS COMING AND IT IS FRUSTRATING ME!!!! That is my rant for the day.
So for our pday, it was pretty good, some members got permission to take us hiking outside of the mission, at a place called silverton falls, there will be pics coming next week. This is the only one we took on the ipad, but I feel like it's a pretty accurate representation of Mayer's and my take on life... oh and I got my last haircut last monday. And then the other pic we just found in someone's garden.... and no one was home... so we took some pictures and bounced:)
And next week is transfers... my hope and prayer is that I stay here in Beaverton for another transfer, with Mayer, and that we get to trio train a greenie! So keep that in your prayers!
OH, and it was cemented into my mind today... the woman I marry HAS to like outdoorsy things and hiking. #amust!
image1.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment