Thursday, March 12, 2015

So, sometimes I think the Lord works in mysterious ways. My new companion is Elder Bair, the one I emailed you about saying we might room at BYU. He was my zone leader. Now he's my companion.
which, by default, means that I'm a zone leader. Fetch. Didn't see that one coming. I thought I was too old to be a zone leader. But on Saturday President Ballard called me and asked if I would be willing to serve as a zone leader... I couldn't really say no... So I'm in Beaverton, right next to my greenie area. But in a group instead of a ward. There's a good chance I could die here. I would love to die training but my comp has been here for 6 months already so next transfer he is out and I will stay probably, and then my last transfer who knows what will happen.. anyways... I think they send you guys a letter in the mail or something... I guess you'll have to tell me if they do. So I'm still in the same district, and all of the companionships got transferred but in the same district. So that's kind of cool I guess.... How am I feeling about it you may be wondering... I'm kind of stressed.
I didn't want to really leave Tigard and I for sure don't feel like I should be a zl... not quite as bad as when I went dl, but same feeling...
The ankle is doing pretty good... all the bruising is pretty much gone and the swelling is still going away slowly. my range of motion is getting better... so all is well in that department!
So it sounds like everybody got their birthday present!
Freak it sounds like you guys are just changing everything up... Wes you have the freaking hook up I hope you know that!
As far as missionary experiences last week.... I cant really remember any. Saying goodbye was hard... Oh ok I remember a good lesson we taught with a recent convert family who is going less active. we read the talk The Atonement and the Journey of Mortality by Bednar with them, it talks about how we can access the atonement daily and is BOMB!! They needed to hear it!
Alright well I know this is a super short email... Sorry, there's not much big news except for transfers... it sucks because every times someone I know has gone zl I've given them crap for it, and boy oh boy am I reaping what I sew. There was one Elder who called me on Sunday night, and the conversation proceeded as follows.
"Jorgi, i hear you're going zone leader!" I hung up:D When he called back I didn't pick up!
I love you guys! Have a good week! Wes you copied my shoes! write me a letter!

No comments:

Post a Comment