Sunday, March 29, 2015

Well, if I could summarize this week with one sentence, it would be summarized thusly: The church has to be freaking true otherwise no one would put up with all the mother fetching meetings. ho. lee. 
to quote Cooper... fetch. Am I whining? yes. should I be? no. But, God still loves me;)
Ok so it wasn't really that bad of a week... as a zl I have to go to both district meetings now, and on Friday we had a meeting called MLC with President Ballard for zone leaders and sister training leaders, it was kind of a cool one, it was pretty productive, but it took until like 4. and then Saturday before we had our second district meeting, we had SPC for the stake... I don't know what that acronym stands for... I could think of some inappropriate substitutes but I won't do that pues.
So anyways the Stake was just talking about how to make missionary work more effective, but mostly from the digital aspect, and... I don't like meetings... that's all I'm gonna say. And THEN, the stake President wanted to talk with the Spanish zone leaders... us... and ask about how things could be better in the group. Because I'm back in a group that means we aren't officially recognized by Salt Lake as a unit yet, so our group is an appendage to the Beaverton ward. There are 3 spanish sets in the group, along with a trio of sisters, so 9 missionaries in the beaverton ward. And it's hard for the beaverton ward because a lot of our investigators need rides to church, and the beaverton ward can't do it all alone, so they are looking outside for help, but no other wards want to help, so the stake president wants to break us up into 3 groups instead of one... all I have to say to that is that is EDITED. I didn't say anything in the meeting, i figured I probably shouldn't make enemies with the stake president my first week... but wow the whole time I was just thinking to myself "I hate politics."
Anyways, there's my rant. It was actually a super cool week. On Tuesday, right after dinner, the very first kid we talked to, we just talked to in the street, and it turns out he is looking for a church to join
and has been through a lot of crap, and it was just cool the way it happened because right before we got out of the car I felt like we should grab an english BOM, which took a few extra seconds, and then those seconds turned out to be the difference in meeting PPPP, and we gave him the English Bom. that was a good way to start of the companionship.
Thursday was also a cool learning experience. We were supposed to do weekly planning in the early afternoon, but also had a lesson set up at 12, and one at 2. in between those lessons, when we got wifi and tried to sync our ipads and plans, and my ipad wouldn't sync, and Elder Bair's, which had all the plans for the day, crashed and his area book app deleted everything... legitimately all plans and investigators. gone. so, anyways we were kind of pissed about that, but then I just figured if our plans got deleted, it was because God wanted us to do something else that day. so we were finishing dinner by this time, at around 6, and we had a meeting at 7 but nothing else. We could have planned or tried fixing our ipads but neither of us felt like doing that, we wanted to work. We prayed and asked for what we could do in that hour, what God wanted us to do.
Elder Bair felt impressed to go by a cool family that they hadn't seen in awhile, and I agreed with him. As we were driving there, we saw a less active member waiting at the bus stop, we had tried to see her earlier but were unable to do so... so we knew we had to talk to her. we flipped our car around, and as we did so we saw that the car of the family that we wanted to see was home, which was a rarity. we still felt like we should go see DDDD, the less active. It was cool because the first thing she said to us when we went up to her was "I knew you would come back" (she had seen us drive by). we shared a message with her and went back to the other family, the LLLL's', but they weren't there. we went to our meeting, and afterwards once again prayed to seek Heavenly Father's will. we both felt like seeing the LLLLs
again, and did so, and they weren't home. it was 8 by this time. we knew we needed to see them. We said another prayer, telling Heavenly Father that we would be back at 845 and asking that they would be home too. We ended up going back early, at 830, and they weren't there. we talked to some people, and just as we were leaving at 841, they pulled up, and we talked to them and set up an appt. I don't know if how I just described it was as cool as it actually was, but DANG, that was a cool day. I like Elder Bair a lot, this is my first companionship in 9 months, since I was with warenski, where my comp will get out of bed without me getting after them about it, and will help me plan,
Not Travis, but it could be.
wow. life is good.
Wes, write me bro!
Ok I love you guys! The Church is true! do you need anything? oh and ps... my comp and I got free hair cuts from sports clips today... we got scalp massages and a steamed towel... it's a $24 haircut, we got for freeeeee because of a certificate. that was very enjoyable!
and my shirt is from nike:) i was in one of those moods this morning... I had to rebel somehow:)

No comments:

Post a Comment